1. Free Speech Hypocrisy
2. Important Links
(1) Peterson deplatforms Faith Goldy at free speech event
(2) Peterson’s free speech cognitive dissonance
(3) Peterson Threatens To Sue A Critic
(4) Peterson files frivolous lawsuit against Laurier University
(6) Sustainable Development Agenda Unformatted Final Text
Note: At the risk of this looking like a hit-piece, the right in Canada should be very wary about embracing this “free speech” warrior as one of their own.
And what did this work ultimately contribute to?
3. UN Agenda 2030
the report of the UN Secretary General’s High Level Panel on Global Sustainability;
helped his clinical clients manage the triumphs and catastrophes of life; served as an advisor to senior partners of major Canadian law firms; penned the forward for the 50th anniversary edition of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s The Gulag Archipelago; lectured to more than 250,000 people across North America, Europe and Australia in one of the most-well attended book tours ever mounted; and, for The Founder Institute, identified thousands of promising entrepreneurs, in 60 different countries.
So What’s In This Report?
Let’s set this straight. The members, by and large, support the content of the report. Although there may be small discrepancies, on the whole they agree with the content.
Interesting list of “organizations” that shared their views.
Priority Areas For action Include:
• delivering on the fundamentals of development: international commitments to eradicate poverty, promote human rights and human security and advance gender equality
• advancing education for sustainable development, including secondary and vocational education, and building of skills to help ensure that all of society can contribute to solutions that address today’s challenges and capitalize on opportunities
• creating employment opportunities, especially for women and youth, to drive green and sustainable growth
• enabling consumers to make sustainable choices and advance responsible behaviour individually and collectively
• Managing resources and enabling a twenty-first-century green revolution: agriculture, oceans and coastal systems, energy and technology, international cooperation
• building resilience through sound safety nets, disaster risk reduction and adaptation planning
1/ As with all UN causes, a virtue signal towards human rights and gender equality.
2/ Advancing education? Propaganda in the classrooms?
3/ Make work projects with age and gender quotas. Okay.
4/ Advance responsible behaviour? Will there be some sort of “social credit system”?
5/ Environmental systems to be managed globally
6/ Disaster reduction, as in climate change I assume
Policy Action Needed On
• incorporating social and environmental costs in regulating and pricing of goods and services, as well as addressing market failures
• creating an incentive road map that increasingly values long-term sustainable development in investment and financial transactions
• increasing finance for sustainable development, including public and private funding and partnerships to mobilize large volumes of new financing
• expanding how we measure progress in sustainable development by creating a sustainable development index or set of indicators
This is going to be a globalist money pit, with cash flooding from all over the world to achieve some vague goals. And regulating the costs of goods and services? How very Communistic of you.
(Page 50, Box 13): The Growing Use of Emissions Trading
“cap and trade” emissions trading systems allow environmental damage to be reflected in market prices. by capping emissions, they guarantee that the desired level of emission reduction is achieved; and by allowing trading, they give business the flexibility to find the cheapest solutions, while rewarding investment in low-carbon technologies and innovation.
This is the climate change scam on steroids. Carbon dioxide is not pollution, despite what the UN says. Under this scheme, “pollution” can be offset by buying credits, which of course does nothing to actually reduce emissions.
This is taking the actual decision making ability away from the people who are elected by and accountable to their citizens.
I can’t be the only one thinking that this “global” education push will just lead to propaganda to be used against children. Rather than teaching the basics, kids will be indoctrinated about how to be good global citizens.
Also worth noting, wherever this education takes root, it leads to young children being exposed to highly sexual content.
4. Some Reflection
This is all about finding new ways to tax people, and regulate their behaviour. Absolutely leads to complete government control. Worst of all, it wouldn’t even be our government doing the regulating.
The review will stop here, but please read through the document in its entirety. Anyone who supports it is no friend of freedom, or of sovereignty.