Originally published on the website: truejustice.org
This article relates to the book Amanda Knox released (ghostwritten by Linda Kuhlman), in May 2013. Knox released this book in the Spring of 2013, after the Italian Supreme Court (1st Chambers), had annuled the appeal acquittal of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito.
The book is completely illogical, and makes many false accusations both of justice officials, and others involved in the case
Legal Outcomes 2007-09
- November 6, 2007—AK and RS were charged for rape and murder of MK, alongside PL, whom Knox has accused as the actual killer
- November 9, 2007—AK/RS faced Judge Claudia Matteini, to see if they could be released conditionally (their 1st Court hearing), and to get a brief assessment of the Prosecution case. While FoAK crow about there being no bail in Italy, this hearing seems eerily similar to a bail hearing.
- November 30, 2007—AK/RS challenged Judge Matteini’s decisions (their 2nd Court hearing), and Judge Massimo Ricciarelli presided over a 3 Judge panel which confirmed the detention, but with Rudy Guede as the 3rd person, as opposed to PL.
- April 1, 2008—AK/RS tried to get released again (their 3rd Court hearing on the matter), and the 5 Judge Cassation panel headed by Judge Torquato Gemelli denied the request, and even the lesser request of house arrest
- September/October 2008—Pretrial (and Guede’s short form trial) presided over by Judge Paolo Micheli. Judge Micheli convicted RG, and sent AK/RS to trial.
- December 2009—AK and RS were convicted at trial by the Court of Judge Giancarlo Massei.
Legal Outcomes 2010-15
In 2010 AK/RS then chose to APPEAL those convictions and filed such an appeal.
- October 2011—AK/RS were “acquitted” of murder by the Appellate Court headed by Hellmann and Zanetti, though the Calunnia conviction was upheld.
The Prosecution then filed a SECONDARY APPEAL to the Court of Cassation
- March 2013—AK/RS had their “acquittal” by H/Z annulled, while the calunnia conviction was upheld, with aggravating factors added back on.
AK/RS chose to file ANOTHER APPEAL of the 2009 Trial Conviction, this time it went to Florence. Not a new trial, but another appeal. Knox didn’t show up.
- January 2014—AK/RS had their 2009 conviction “confirmed” by the Court of Judge Nencini, with a small sentence increase for AK.
AK/RS then filed a SECONDARY APPEAL to the Court of Cassation. The 5th Chambers took the case.
- March 2015—AK/RS had their convictions thrown out by the panel of Bruno/Marasca. However, the report released in September 2015 didn’t actually say they were innocent. in fact, the report placed AK at the crime scene, and RS probably so. The Court found both had lied repeatedly.
- January 2017 — RS lost in Florence while trying to claim compensation for the 4 years he spent in jail. The Court ruled that his repeated lying to the police was willful misconduct, and rendered him ineligible
- July 2017 –RS lost an appeal to the Italian Supreme Court for compensation for wrongful imprisonment. Again, his repeated lying was the issue.