(Paris, the last time there was a ”European Army”)
(Macron, lobbying last year for a single European (1) army; (2) budget; (3) tax structure)
(Macron admits France would have voted to leave EU if referendum held)
Where to begin with this one? French President, Emmanuel Macron is calling for the formation of a European Army, to protect Europe from the U.S., Russia and China. He also calls out rising nationalist sentiment in Eastern Europe, such as with Hungary and Poland.
Aside from the the arrogant tone Macron has, there are a number of flaws with this move. I am tempted to classify it as ”satire”.
(1) Macron completely whitewashes France’s history as an imperialistic and colonising power.
(2) The U.S. and Russia helped defend France from a German invasion in World War I (1914-1918).
(3) The U.S. and Russia (the Soviet Union) defeated Hitler and the German army, in World War II (1939-1945). Incidently, France has surrendered after just 6 weeks.
(4) From 1945 to 1989, the U.S. presence kept the Soviet Union from pushing further into Europe. Macron seems to forget about NATO (the North Atlantic Treaty Organization), which both the U.S. and France are part of.
(5) Macron is not the first arrogant French President in this type of case. Charles de Gaulle was a constant embarrassment, and eventually forced NATO headquarters to be removed from Paris, and relocated in Brussels, Belgium.
(6) Macron omits that the U.S. has had tens of thousands of troops in Europe for decades, and could have conquered France at any time.
(7) Macron omits that European nations gutted their military budgets in the 1990s, to focus on social spending.
(8) Macron denigrades ”nationalists”, but those leaders, like Viktor Orban in Hungary are actually very popular. Macron is the one acting against his people’s wishes.
So what is the real motivation for the army? Is it to stamp out any anti-EU factions? Is it to ”expand EU influence” into other regions? Macron is not Napoleon, and France is no longer a military power. Get real.
7 Replies to “Ungrateful, Snooty, French President Wants ”E.U. Army” to Protect Against U.S.”
Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came
to look it over. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking
and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Exceptional blog and fantastic style and design. I have been surfing online greater than 3 hours nowadays, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours.
It’s pretty worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the web will probably be much more helpful than ever before.
Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it 😉
I may come back yet again since I bookmarked it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and
continue to guide others. http://foxnews.co.uk/
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest
you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read even more things about it! I like what you guys
are up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve added you guys to my
blogroll. This is a topic that is close to my heart…
Thank you! Exactly where are your contact details
Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you|
Thanks for the useful information 🙂
Hi, I desire to subscribe for this post to obtain most up-to-date updates, so where can i do it please help.
On the right hand side, underneath the search bar.
Just enter the email you would like notifications sent to.